Sunday, October 7, 2012

Hi from Sarah G

This month is a big month in our family - 4 of my 6 kids have birthdays in October, and so does my husband! A few days ago my eldest daughter turned 16! I took this photo a couple of days before her big day at our local beach.

She really loved this picture so i wanted to scrap it for her. The papers that I used are from the new Studio Calico 'Portfolio' range - if you haven't seen this range yet you really should check it out! It is absolutely awesome!!! Anyway, now for the important stuff - the cool Purple Pumpkin embellies. Where do I start? The crocheted doily photo corner and the spotty buttons are ofcourse PP. Check out this cluster:
 
That cute butterfly doily was the perfect complement to the large spotty yellow button on the right hand edge of my page. And the black/pink heart button really 'pops' from the page and draws the eye to Natalie's black hair. The scrapware kite adds a playful touch to complete the page.
Hope you are having a great weekend wherever you are :)))
 
Sarah G
 

2 comments:

Tracey said...

An amazing layout! Just love it!!

Ella Swan said...

Lovely layout Sarah - beautiful papers too