Saturday, June 15, 2013

An Off-The-Page Project by Helen Tilbury





Hi!  Well I hope to WOW you with this one!!  
One of my favourite Purple Pumpkin projects to date!!!


At Scrapmatts this month we got to construct & decorate this little
'Memory Cabinet'.  It arrived flat-packed & terrified the life out of me
 but came with detailed instructions & I managed to make it quite quickly!


I'm sending mine to a sweet online friend in America who brings sunshine
 into my life, so I decided to go with cheery yellows & oranges
 & used many little bits & pieces from Purple Pumpkin.


Here you can see that I used 2 XL fabric covered buttons & 2 regular sized ones available HERE. I also used a multi-coloured crochet flower tucked into the corner behind the heart button - you can buy that doily flower HERE & there are various different colour-ways to choose from.


In the othere side of the cabinet I used even MORE Purple Pumpkin goodies!

I used 2 jumbo fabric buttons in awesome floral designs, that I can't see in the store right now - I do hope they will come back though as they are really pretty! 

 I also used a yellow spotty button available HERE, a resin rose available HERE, and in the bottom section a cameo {not available at present} & a yoyo flower available HERE.


I also used quite a few wooden patterned buttons available HERE.

  If you are interested in seeing & reading more about this little project
of mine you can visit my blog at http://helentilbury.blogspot.com 
where I will have it up shortly with more close-ups, etc.

Purple Pumpkin supplies are perfect for using on Off-The-Page projects -
my only advice is to hot-glue the items on using a good glue-gun that
heats up really well, just be careful as they can burn you really badly!

The hot-glue is the strongest form of adhesive I've ever come across
{and the cheapest too!} so is perfect for things displayed out in the
open that are subject to more handling than our scrapbook pages.



2 comments:

nicole said...

Just gorgeous...love this sort of thing. I bet your friend will adore it!!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous Helen, it reminds me of a perfect little dolls house, just beautiful.