Sunday, July 21, 2013

Haystack Harry by Judith

Good morning from a chilly Victoria. The weather here is topsy turvy at the moment. It was warm, almost spring like on Thursday and today it is decidly chilly.

Today I have a colourful layout I created for the Scrap Your Stash challenge which involved using only red, white and blue. I created my background by using paint and then added some red zig zag washi tape, red and blue ric rac and stamping randomly in red and blue. I added some chipboard pieces and then my photo. My son has really strong thick hair on which a comb is absolutely useless. Most of the time it looks ok but once it gets to a certain length it starts sticking up in all directions and has earnt him the nickname 'Haystack Harry' when it does.




Here are a few close ups of the Purple Pumpkin goodies I have used. Here I have used a vinyl red and blue round with star and a red and white spotty fabric button.


Here I have used a red spotty fabric button on top of the washi tape.



And here I have used a blue fabric button, again on top of red zigzag washi tape.


Hope you have found this layout inspiring and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Judith xx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

The R/W/B looks fabulous, so bright and cheery especially with your son's lovely photo.

Elaine coustley said...

Love your "red white & blue" totally great. I like when you have elements that compliment each other & still the awesome photo stands out. x