Saturday, September 21, 2013

Flutter By Julianne McKenna-De Lumen

Welcome to the weekend, Purple Pumpkin friends. Have you got something exciting planned? 
Today I am sharing a very bright and colourful layout, using more of the gorgeous Purple Pumpkin products


I took this photo at the recent Adelaide Show, and knew that I wanted to create something special, and something colourful. In actual fact, I have created this layout on a 12"x12" sheet of chipboard, as cardstock would not have been strong enough. I have created the butterfiles with texture paste and kindy glitz, and I have used Dylusions, Glimmermists, and Glimmer Glaze, to create the background. The top and bottom borders were created with chevron blue washi tape from the Purple Pumpkin store


If you look closely, you can see that I have tucked a Purple Pumpkin crochet doily in behind the picture, and I have used a fabric button as a base for my butterfly. 


I have used Purple Pumpkin twine to create a sense of movement cross the layout. It's easy to do - just allow the tape to randomly twist and twirl across the page, then gently glue it down in several spots so it doesn't move. 


And of course, I have finished off my layout with some bling (rhinestones and glitter) and a little stamping for a grungy effect. 

Thank-you for joining me today,
and I hope you are having an awesome weekend!

Julianne. 

2 comments:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh I love this!!! Gorgeous layout! Love the colour! :D

Lucy E. said...

Very pretty layout!